Nov 15, 2013

Standing Outside a Broken Phone Booth with Money in My Hand

Hello World! 

Just a little bit of nostalgia for this post...

It was 1996, and I remember that this song was all over the radio, plus the music video ran on MTV almost every morning while I was getting ready to go to school.

I remember being instantly attracted to the song because (1.) the name is so long, and (2.) because I liked the fact that it sampled B.B. King's "How Blue Can You Get".
"Standing Outside a Broken Phone Booth with Money in My Hand" by the Primitive Radio Gods made it to #36 on the Billboard 200 and #1 on the Billboard Modern Rock Tracks (aka Billboard Alternative) charts.


If you cannot view the video correctly on your mobile device, click here to watch on YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment